About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Monday, July 2

I'm feeling hot hot hot

Wowza can anyone say hotness?  And I don't mean in a hot and bothered kinda way, well maybe I do a little bit because I did go see Magic Mike.  And if you haven't heard of Magic Mike you are living in a bubble.  It's has really hot guys that strip and that is really all you need to know. It was a hot and bothered kinda afternoon, good thing the air conditioning in that movie was turned way down, as in really really cool.  It was great and all single ladies should go see it.

But no I'm talking about heat in general, does this heat make you want to do crazy things?  Does the heat make people crazy?  I mean it made Katie Holmes divorce Tom Cruise or was that just the marriage contract that ran out.  I really really want to just stay in my house for a few days.  I went to run errands yesterday at 10am and was sweating just walking from the car to the store.  And unloading all my groceries all at once, NO WAY.  I made one trip with the perishables, (with the car still running), then ran another errand, then unloaded the rest.  Actually the sodas are still in my car, hope they didn't explode?  I mean something must be seriously wrong if I want water in stead of diet coke, seriously my brain must be baked from being so hot.  How can I live without caffine, but yet how can I live without water.   So there is no real point to all of that, except I pretty much hate being hot.  I went on a date last night and was SOOOO hot...sorry told my date I wouldn't write about it in my blog.  But if you know me, my blog is my life, so here is goes..... just kidding.

So my favorite holiday is July 4th and it is quickly approaching.  Yes it's the best holiday because it's in the summer, ususally means you are at the beach, with family, friends, drinks, hot dogs and all the other wonderful summer stuff.  Well not this year, the first year in MY LIFE I will not be at the beach.  I'm really trying to come to terms with it.  I mean who puts July 4th on a Wednesday, that should just be a rule that July 4th can't be on a Wednesday.  I tried to google how many times that has happened and well it did happen in 2007 which is the summer I started my new job the week after July 4th, so I guess I was on vacay for the week, maybe why I don't remember it being a big deal.  Maybe because back then I didn't have a big girl job and actually have to take vacation days.  So this year of COURSE I asked off for the 4th, but this other lady I work with had a wedding the next weekend out of town, I mean who gets married near/on July 4th???  So being the good co-worker that I am, said I was flexible and now have off the entire next week to spend with family at the beach.  I'm so excited for that, first time since I was in high school that I get to go for the entire week.
Awesome.  But for now I'm having people over for July 4th cookout, we are acting like kids, I have fun kids sprinklers (that I borrowed from my babysitting people) and maybe a slip in slide, Blueberry Julip's, Chillie Willies, loud music, daytime drinking, I might have a few floats in my front yard (no pool or pond?), hotdogs, baked beans, jello shots (that don't melt on the boat), dizzy bat, other drinking games and fun stuff for the yard.  Sounds pretty exciting, I'm pretty excited about it!!  So forget about not being at the beach and just ENJOY YO'SELF and enjoy whatever it is that you are doing this holiday and try to remember that it is about our independce.   Remember all those men and women that have fought and are still fighting for our country.
'MERICA!!!!!!!

1 comment: