About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, June 21

Rockers and Strippers

Movies...  Soooo it's summer time the movie blockbusters are coming out left and right.  I recently went to see Rock of Ages, a pick by my dad for Father's day.  My two sisters, my dad and Cathy all went to see this movie on a Sunday afternoon.  Well if you know anything about me you know I love a good musical and a musical with rock and roll music....GGGGRREEAAT.  So the gist of the movie is there is a small town girl (Julianne Hough) who moves to Hollywood to get famous, meets cute boy, gets job in bar called Bourbon room, where all these bands play.  There is a washed up Rock Star (Tom Cruise) who is trying to start a solo career after breaking free of his band.  And the story is about how their lives intertwine and add a little rock and roll music and there you gooooo... a musical called Rock of Ages.  Now in the first scene of the movie they start playing a song and I glance over at my dad who is beside me and we are both nodding our head and tapping our foot just alike.  I always knew we both had great taste in music especially when I was little we would listen to tapes...yes I said tapes of Steppenwolf and Lynyrd Skynyrd.  I'm pretty sure my first song after "are you happy and you know it clap your hands" was "gimme three steps, gimme three steps mister, gimme three steps towards the door."  I still to this day know all the words to that song, along with both of my sisters.  So the movie is going on and we are jamming maybe just because I loved all the songs in the movie, maybe because I was there with my family, maybe because it brought back childhood memories of hanging out my dad.  It was the perfect choice for all of us to see together.  Now those stronger movie critics out there, Jane and Cathy weren't singing the praises of the movie as much as Julia, Dad and I were.  But I still think it was a great get together for all, rarely can we get all five us on the same schedule and to be quiet for two hours...haha.  So after the movie we standing there watching the credits, jamming to the last song and my dad casually says I partied with Quiet Riot one time.  Say what?  Cum on feel the noise is probably their most popular song. 
For more info visit http://www.officialquietriot.com/ 
Add caption
So after a statement like that, we demand an explanation, can't wait to hear this.  So as most Jimmy Royall stories start out..... well this one time when your mom and I....... were Acapulco we were at the bar and this man had on a UNC tarheels hat.  So naturally as any good Royall would do I struck up a conversation saying I was from NC, this guys was the manager of Quiet Riot and was from Greensboro.  Then he took us out to the beach to meet some of the guys in the band and they wanted to go para sailing, so I went para sailing with two of the guys from Quiet Riot.  Then after that they invited us back to a party at their house.  Sooooo did you go???  Yeah of course.  The story kinda faded at this point, I guess back in the 80's what happened with Quiet Riot stays with Quiet Riot.... haha what a great story.  Now for a second I found myself asking, is this story true??  Now why if my dad was going to make up a story about meeting rockstars would it about Quiet Riot, so I determinded it was probably true along with all the rest of my dad's crazy stories.  -Maybe those should have their own blog soon.
So I give the movie two thumbs up, I give my dad's story two thumbs up and I say everyone should defiantly see this movie.

Now Magic Mike is coming out is June 29th and I can't wait.  It's starring Channing Tatum, Matthew Mcconaughey, Alex Pettyfer (I am four, Beastly...HOT) and Joe Manganiello (Alcide from True Blood).  If those four names aren't enough to make you go watch, check this out.


So it's about an older stripper (Mcconaughey) that teaches a young stripper (Tatum) how to party, pick up women and make easy money.  It's loosely based on Tatum real life.  He was a stripper before getting into acting.  I don't really care what it's about, I am for sure going to see this and hopefully as soon as it comes out.  Hopefully it's good and I can go see it again, because I think I would have many good nights of sleep dreaming about these hotties.

Now I'm sure there are other movies of the summer, but these peaked my interest and I'll be sure to let you know about Magic Mike afterwards.... but might takes a few days to recover from my weak in the knees feeling from this film.

Happy Weekend ya'll!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment