About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, October 17

Anything you can do I can do better....

I can do anything better than you, no you can't, yes I can, no you can't. yes I can yes I can yes I CANNNNNNN.




So now that's out of the way, let's talk about the real issue, letting Girls into the Boy Scouts.  I personally think boys/men are against it because... well basically read the title of this blog.  Yes because they are afraid Girls will be better boy scouts than boys.  I mean girls already do so many things better than guys.  Yes sure there are arguments about the few things guys can do better, but can you grow a tiny HUMAN inside of you, no I didn't think so. THE END.. ok just kidding.  Also if girls join the boy scouts they will be able to do all "girly" things and "boyish" things and will be better well rounded citizens.  Isn't that what the BOYS are arguing, that it helps shape men into boys, eagle scouts, a man fraternity for life, another "boys" club they are given a membership too.  Guess what you don't have to be in scouts for that to happen, does it help probably, but why wouldn't you want all citizens to have that chance to be better well rounded contributors to society, oh that's right that one little membership card that we can't get.. BOYS RULE and GIRLS DROOL.  Well this isn't Alfalfa's world anymore any and everyone is paying and playing.


Then there's the argument that the Girls have the Girls Scouts and Boys have the Boy Scouts.. umm OK, separate but equal.  Anyone else remember the last time that slogan was in use and do you think things were separate but equal during the civil rights movement, NOPE.  They are NOT equal.  But like on the real, I don't want to go to camp outs with boys or have all night jamborees, well not in elementary school anyway..haha.  But I would like to learn more about those knots, be able to carve cool things with my KNIFE and of course that pinewood derby thing... now we are talking about things I'm interested in.  And shouldn't little boys want to learn how to sell cookies I could only imagine it makes more money than their wagon of popcorn and the world would be a much better place with MORE GIRLS SCOUT COOKIES!!!  There's some lessons to be learned from those girls scouts after all.  I'm talking to you cubbies.. go rent THE BOSS or Troop Beverly Hills, great movies and you learn how to sell cookies.

Image result for troop beverly hills


Why are the BOYS so scared of sharing... SHARING IS CARING.  Why don't they want things to be equal, why don't they want ALL people to learn and prosper.... because again I refer to the title of this post... anything you can do I can do better.  They just want to be on top and be the best and well that's just not true. There are just somethings girls are better at doing, somethings boys are better at doing and we should challenge each other to be our best.  The boy scout Motto is the "Be Prepared"... so didn't you see this coming???  Oh wait what's the girl scout Motto "Be Prepared" See we already have that in common how hard hard could it be with our powers combined I am Captain Planet... ooops sorry got carried away there.  We area already half way there having the same motto, we are basically already the same, the Boys Scouts are basically basic already....

So I don't know what the answer is, but it's either raise the Girl Scout standards and incorporate new training and potentially a high honor equivalent Eagle Scout, so everyone can be this wonderful productive citizen you say people can't become without being an eagle scout OR let girls in.  I mean I don't see the harm in teenage girls and boys spending the night together under the stars together... Sounds like Saturday to meeeee....haha.

As the sayings goooooooo
Be Prepared
Freedom and Unity,
In God with Trust
Go Forth and Multiply- it's all in genesis people.. God said it, so it must be true, so let's just shut up about all of this and let KIDS BE KIDS!!!

Image result for boy scouts pic Image result for girl scouts pic






No comments:

Post a Comment