About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 27

Back that Thang up

Why do people feel the need to back their cars into spots?????  WHY???  I mean everyday at work this new Camero, Honda and even a 4 runner have to back in.  I mean really, our parking lot is not that busy.  If you are at a concert, sporting event or something of massive proportions then I can understand why you would want to back in, in order to get out sooner and not have to do all that backing when there is tons of traffic around.  At the mall, at your work, at your doctor or just running errands there is no need for backing in.
So I've tried to think of what could be the reason's for this. 
-Maybe your car is less likely to get hit while facing forward, maybe your car's grill piece is really scary and will therefore make others not want to park next to you.
-Maybe you have some awesome rear view mirror ornament that might resemble a voodoo doll that would ward off unwanted visitors.  I would be totally scared to park next to someone that had all that crazy stuff hanging in their car, fear they would turn me into a cat or curse my car to wreck itself.
-Maybe you just got some cool racing stripes put on your Honda and you want to show those babies off.  I mean it did take you 4 weeks of selling your stuff on eBay to come up with money to afford those stripes and why not want everyone seen them all the time.
-Maybe you just think your car is better than mine and want to park your car forward so you can show you are superior to my car and ultimately me.
-Maybe you were dropped as a child and just do everything backwards because that is the only way you can do it.
-Maybe you got one of those bad flu shots and that makes you walk backwards and therefore you are confused when parking and park forward.
-Maybe you have awesome spinners on your rims and if you swing your car around in a tight parking lot and whip it in backward those babies will spin for hours!!!  I'm pretty sure this is the best answer.

So if anyone out there has a better idea of why people do this, please let me know.  Why can't you just be like the rest of us and park your car normal.  Because next time if you get in my way and make me wait so you can back your piece of shit hooptie into a spot.... I'm pretty sure I'm going to plow you and throw you and all your drug money out of that front seat... and see who wants to call cops.

Sooo please stop wasting my time and park like the rest of the world.




You've got the mail man doing it


1 comment:

  1. So.. My co-worker & I laugh everyday watching people backing (crooked that is) into parking spots. The one that especially gets me is this Grand Am with a HUGE spoiler that backs into the parking spot every morning at work. He parks extremely crooked so he not only is backing it up but also taking 2 spots so no one hurts his precious baby! I actually googled the epidemic b/c well apparently I haven't enough work to do during the day haha. Here are some other reasons that I found. It could be because of wherever the sun is. You back in to keep the sun off the dash and steering wheel? I don't quite believe that reason b/c the heat is going to affect your car wherever it's parked if it's 104 outside! Another one could be maybe they have a parking violation on their record, they want to hide their plate? I could stereotype here but I won't. :-)

    ~LB

    ReplyDelete