About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, July 30

The Cool table

In school everyone knows about the cool table.  You always want to be at cool table during lunch.  Most people have seen Mean Girls and know how the lunch room break down goes.  The sad thing is some people never grow out of that. 

Your first expedience probably came in middle school.  Why is that?  WHY in middle school do all of sudden the people you have grown up with and gone to school with your whole life change into different groups.  There is the popular crowd, the band geeks, the nerds, the trouble makers, the outcast, the sluts, the athletes etc... some of these cross boundaries and how quickly you can go from one group to the other.  Is it hormones, is it block scheduling, is it school sports teams?  These are the main things that change when entering middle school.  Just looking back at middle school just makes me wonder why did it all change there?
Oh middle school I would've had said I'm not in a group, I felt like I had lots of different friends, I played sports and was involved in school activities.  Apparently someone told me that meant I was in the popular group, where nothing went wrong and I thought I was friends with everyone.  So I guess I was, I mean the Principal's daughter was one of my BFF's...if that doesn't get you in the cool club I don't know what does.  But yet I was also in the band, but in middle school being in the bad was cool because you got to get out of class for a week and go to FLORIDA! One time My band teacher bet our class $5 that no one could say the ABC's backwards... being the ever smart ass that I was, bolted to my feet and proceeded ZYXWVUTSRUPOMNLKJIHGFEDCBA....  thanks to Ms. Stancil's kindergarden class that is something I had known how to do since the beginning and $5 of Mr. Windley's money in my pocket!  So I was for sure cool and a smartass, which would eventually get me into a weee whittle bit of trouble in middle school... those were some rough years my mom always reminds me.
Then high school and I remember not really being nervous on the first day except about where was I going to sit in the lunch room...what if none of my friends has first lunch what would I do.  Amy and I tried all summer to get someone to take us to school because we were NOT riding with our parents.  Finally Matthew agreed to give us two freshmeat a ride and he had a good parking spot (which also denotes cool status).  So making our way around the school I found all my classes and lots of friends in all of them.... dun dun dun dun then it was lunch time.  I walked in with one of my friends and prayed to the Gods someone would ask us to sit with them... Hey over here!! YES YES YES  we were IN and not only we were in, but we were in at the COOLEST table with all the seniors!!!  This was the beginning of the end if only we knew now what we knew then... we probably would have done NOTHING different.  We ruled that school from day 1. You know when the senior girls refer/hate the freshman girls as a group, you've gotten to them.  You've gotten to their guys!!  Yep we were taking over those senior boys and it didn't take long! 

So my advice as a young person, make friends with the cool group and maintain that friendship for several years and then you will be the COOL TABLE kids and people will want to sit with YOU, then you know you have made it.  Plus it just makes things a lot easier.  Sorry for all you not cool table kids who thought this was gonna have some happy ending where I said let's all be friends.... NOPE.  And to that one girl YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... the one who wrote Carrie Dale a mean email before our ten year reunion and said Carrie Dale made your life hell and she was so mean to you.  YOU DESERVED it.. you were a dirty slut and no one really liked you and the boys only liked you because you put out and your hair was BAD, REALLY bad and you were like 8 feet tall and not hot and NOT AT THE COOL TABLE EVER!

This was a random, but something today struck me with this thought, I know some of you aren't going to like it... well get over it, because you are probably out there with a better job and life than me anyway and when you see me, you can tell me to suck it!  Probably you're not coolness as a young person motivated you to do great things in life and persevere above those who put you down and that is AWESOME!

Here's a pic of the coolest kids I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment