About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, August 2

Concert Tee's

So I'm gearing up for the Kenny Chesney concert this Friday night Aug 5th and realize I have not bought my ticket...oopps.  Where are the days when I use to count down the seconds til I could log on and score that first set of tickets months before the concert.  Where has that excitement gone, how could I let a concert sneak up on me like that?  Where are the plans, who is going, who is driving, what are we taking to eat, what are we taking to DRINK, is anyone getting mini bottles?  These are the questions we should be asking ourselves people.  Not sitting at work on a Sunday scowering craigslist for a set of tickets.  So if anyone out there has some and wants to give/sell them to me and my friends that would be great.

Remember your first concert, remember wanting to buy that T-shirt and rock out Paula Abduls' face all over school the next week, along with the Color Me Bad pins!!!  Yes those were the days, when you and your girlfriends would get together and decide what you were going to wear a week before the concert, because I mean for real if Paula Abdul ever saw you in something less than perfect it would be over.... and the chance that the cute boy would check you out!  Yeah right like there were cute boys who went to Paula Abdul???  Hey you never know.  I'm not sure which parent got the pleasure of taking me to this concert and I'm pretty sure it was my dad, because my mom always stayed home with the little ones.  My dad just doesn't know what kinda awesome shows he got to see because he had young girls.   Paula Abdul & Color Me Bad, New Kids on the Block, N'Sync, BSB, American Idol... then there was Britney, but we were old enough to by ourselves by then....COLLEGE!!  I also got to go to Jimmy Buffet with my dad, he made me a Parothead, not sure if that is a good thing or not these days???

So now when I go to concerts and I see people wearing the concert Tee from last year, 10, 15 years ago...it's kinda a joke??  Why??  I don't know, this made me think.  Maybe this person went to their first Kenny concert with their dad and maybe he bought them that T-shirt and he likes to wear it to each one and remember that first concert experience with his dad.  That actually sounds kinda cool, if I could find my Paula T-shirt or could fit in it and she came back around I would totally wear it. 

So as I'm preparing for the concert (which I don't have a ticket for and just learned is sold out) I start to think about what I want to wear.  The 100 degree heat will play a factor, but I'm thinking shorts (if only I had jorts), probably boots because it's a country concert, and it's dirty and I don't like flops in that gravel.  And now if only I had bought a concert Tee at that first Kenny Show I could totally rock that :(   But since I don't, maybe a cute tank top or even better NASCAR T-shirt... yep it has Championship rings on it for the last 10 years.  I acquired this fine piece in an auction actually, no one bid on it and it was for Charity, so for $25 I got a NASCAR T-shirt and Go Cart passes!  And the money went to a good cause, and now that T-shirt is going to a good cause and representing my non concert Tee.  I mean boots, country music and nascar, those just sounds like they all go together.  I will however forgo my Cowboy hat, but a possible camouflage hat could make the  replacement.

So I have basically decided to dress pretty much like the people I have made fun of my whole life... because who really cares what you are wearing if you are having fun... and lots of cold beverages.  And if I so happen to meet Kenny Chesney or that cute boy in this outfit well then so be it and I'll snap a pic and show everyone it can be DONE!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment