About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, November 3

Free Food= Fatness

So I've been pondering over the years why I just keep gaining and gaining weight, as I am sure many of us do.  But I have figured out (for me anyway) why this occurs.  Something about delicious doughnuts, free Halloween candy, samples at Sam's or FREE LUNCH (and I don't mean like the poor kid kind in school)!  I mean the delicious, scrumptious lunches that we get everyday from reps at our office.  I will not specify my job (medical field) and I will not specify who brings us lunch (people who have things, that people in the medical field prescribe to people) but it is AWESOME.... I think about all the money I save at the grocery, I only go like once a month, I don't have to use gas to go out to lunch, I don't waste time in my kitchen wondering what to fix for the next day.  It's all there, prepared for me and just waiting for me to DIVE IN!!!  And boy do I and so do lots of people at work, refer to previous blog 'NOT OK'!  The problem is also waiting for me is the desserts, the garlic bread, the endless helpings...ugggg, somebody stop me.  Oh and especially when someone bring BBQ LODGE, forget it I'm as good as WORTHLESS the rest of the day.  So I'm working on a little thing called self-control, as of now it's a work in progress and I'm losing big time (and not in the weight department).

Then there are the dinners, which are at restaurants that I would not take myself to on a regular basis...EXPENSIVE.  I love a good night out and treating myself to dinner but $80 at Second Empire, I DON'T THINK SO.  But on someone else's tab it's a total different story, I'll try some appetizers, some martinis, splurge for the SURF n TURF and even get dessert.  Now you know good and well after eating all that food I sure as hell don't need dessert.  I always try and tell myself I'm going to take it home to my roommates to share, but let's be real I usually eat it.

So my goal from now on IS..... Try to cut back on all this good delicious FREE FOOD and just try and remember if it wasn't free would I still be eating this???
Maybe a thinner me will appear in the near FUTURE....only if I win the lottery and don't have to pay for my own food, would I give up free food.  So for now I'm a HAPPY FAT, FREE FOOD EATER!!!!!  Join the club, memberships available at www.i'mafatkid.com





No comments:

Post a Comment