About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, November 30

Planksgiving

Anyone ever fell like walking the plank with they have to be around their family for too long.  PLANKSGIVING!!!  Just kidding I love my family and love being around them.  I was watching this show where the town had an old folk tale of how a hurricane washed away the town and the people had no crops/food or anything for Thanksgiving.  Some pirates came to shore and shared their riches with the townspeople and since they had a tradition every year PLANKSGIVING.  Everyone dresses up in pirate gear, they gather at the town commons and have a big meal all together.  It looked like so much fun.  So I was wondering if there are other town or family traditions out there.  With my family, we go to my Nannie's (dad's mom) for lunch every year since I was born.  Eats the traditionals, turkey, stuffing etc.  It's great to always sit around her antique table with all the old family photos, hand made napkins and table clothes.  Real silver that was polished, eating off china and always interesting fruit filled center piece, with the Pilgrims peeking in!  Then head to Mt Olive, for dinner with Grandma and Papa (mom's parents) with aunts, uncles and cousin and a new edition Evie (will be 3 in Jan).  She is the pure entertainment.  See on both sides the youngest grandchild is 24 years old and the great grandchild is 3yrs old.  So we basically sit around for hours just watching that child.  It's so great, because we don't get to see her that much.  We always have for dinner venison(deer meat) that my granddad usually killed and grilled for us, chicken salad, veggies, ham biscuits and pickles.  It would not be the same if anything changed.  But this year for lunch the next day we went to WILBUR'S BBQ...yummmmmmmmm.  It is great BBQ, we went family style with our order and it was well worth it.  So 3 huge meals, with huge family and huge FUN!!
So hope you had more of a THANKSGIVING, than a PLANKSGIVING and learn to enjoy time with family, because they won't always be there.  And remember some people don't have any family to spend time with, SO ENJOY that you do!
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment