About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, November 17

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Hey people does anyone know we are in a RECESSION?  I mean I know everyone wants gifts and it's nice to get presents, but if you didn't already know I'm poor.  And pretty much the last thing I want to do is go spend my hard earned money on YOU when I can barely pay MY OWN bills.  So this Christmas everyone should be encouraged to just do nice stuff for other people.  I mean donate money, donate time, donate items you don't need any more.  Everyday and I do mean EVERYDAY when I'm complaining about being poor and not having money to do anything, I think REALLY HOLDEN REALLY??????  I mean even though I struggle in my life to get it where I wish it could be, there are tons people who have it a lot worse than me.  Some who made themselves that way, some who did not.  So next time you are thinking about the designer purse you want so bad or that brand name clothing, think about the people who just want a coat or a pair of shoes or food for their kids and maybe give a little. 
For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required.  Luke 12:48.   --I did know the verse, but did not the exact location in Luke.  But the point is still it is something that resonates with me and so should with all of you.

Stop thinking about all the North Face, Prada, Gucci, David Yurman you are adding to your Christmas list and try and remember if just for a moment the meaning of Christmas.  And how maybe at this time of year if not throughout the year, try and think of helping someone else.

Here are some of my fav groups to donate/volunteer for.  Check them out if I inspired you, if you are interested in donating this season.  I'm sure your parents would be much more appreciative of a donation in their name, than something you bought them that they don't need.
Happy Holidays as they begin!

Cystic Fibrosis- my sister lost her best friend Tracey Peel to this disease
http://www.cff.org/Chapters/carolinas/

Eastern NC- Multiple Sclerosis-- My friend Lee Laughinghouse who passed away in 2004, mother has MS.
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NCT/index.aspx

The Miracle League of Triangle-- I love to volunteer here, because I want every kid to know the enjoyment of sports and team activities, something I was blessed with that many are not.
http://www.miracleleagueofthetriangle.com/


Food Banks at local Churches.  Many people use churches for resources, not just homeless and poor, but new people in town, people trying to get back on their feet.  Just buy a couple of extra cans at the grocery and drop them off on your way home.

Local Health Clinics need simple supplies at OTC meds!!!  Something easy and cheap that we take for granted just being able to throw down $10 when we have a headache.

And if think you have it bad, read about this family.  I have no idea who they are, but were inspired by their story and their son's disease.  I have never seen anything like it.  People are donating ornaments for this family's tree.
http://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment