About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, June 16

Always a Bridesmaid....

No this is not 27 Dresses, Something Borrowed, Bridesmaids, My Best Friends wedding, but it is my life.  I love weddings, they are soooo fun to go to, to be a part of, and NOT the bridezilla kind.  I've only encountered one of those and she will remain nameless since lots of my friends read this and I would like to keep them as my friends.  So this wedding season I'm proud to say I currently only have two weddings on the books, neither of which I'm in.  WOW  I believe the record one year is close to 12 weddings, I had four weddings in 2 weekends one year...and no I did not pull a 27 dresses and go to all four, only because I was in one of them and I'm not as cool calm and collected as Katherine Heigl and one was in Wrightsville Beach, while the other in Pinehurst, little bit of a hall.  So I'm really excited that there is only two this year, one was in May and I already missed it, the other in October (YEAH CHRIS AND AMBER) and there is a recent engagement, that will sure bring lots of fun festivities to my life.  But the point of this blog is to say I have two girls that are getting married at work and we talk about favors, bridesmaids dresses, colors, decorations and things daily, so I sure feel a part of their celebrations even though I'm not invited.  Well one is in NYC (and I can't possibly party down with all Yanks for a whole evening) and the other is smaller with family and close friends.  But I did however get to go try on bridesmaid dresses today.  My fav Yank bride's bridesmaids are all in NY, so I agreed to help, it was fun and the dress was way better than it looked on-line and sorry friends, but way better than some of the dresses I have worn in the past.  With that said to all the future brides out there, YES it is your wedding, and YES you've been waiting for like your whole life to choose dresses you think your friends will like (aka not look better than you in) ,YES you have the final say, but PLEASE think about those busty, big bellied, big hips, 12 year old boy body, bridesmaids that you have and think what MIGHT actually look good on them.  I advise you to try the dress on yourself and see how it feels.  Just throwing advice out there.
Also I LOVE helping my friends with their weddings, advice, engagement parties, setting up, not so much on the cleaning up, bachelorette parties...etc but all the FREE help STOPS NOW!!!  See these days I'm just struggling with things and I think know how can I make more money... the answer is not work more because I pretty much work all the time.... the answer is CHARGE my friends for all this awesome free advice!!!  Yes I know, I would be a great wedding planner, great wedding director, invitation writer, song writer, matchmaker, bikini model.....haha  Sooo now let's turn those dreams into realities and start making some MULAH!  I mean if you want me to make an appearance at your bachelorette party and provide all this FREE entertainment, I mean comedians get paid, so just fork over the dough for my plane ticket and I'm there and I'll keep the party rolling all day. 
I need to write a book, BRIDESMAID ON A BUDGET.... wow that kinda has a nice ring to it...ok Jane Royall the writer in the family get on that.  Or we could just add that chapter to our book.
But I love all my friends weddings past, present and future and I will always be there with my honest opinion and hopefully you don't kick me out of your wedding like those girls on Bridezillas.  And we'll have lots of fun wedding stories to tell, some that will NEVER leave me.... just please don't repeat at my wedding (if it ever happens) because there will be GRANDPARENTS there.

So here's to my friends, who have all tied the knot
You're weddings were all beautiful, some a little too HOT 
But I drank lots of beer and lots of wine
Put my dancing shoes on and had the best time
I'm ready for another round in the next couple of years
That will bring more laughs and I'm sure some tears
So to all the boys out there, save your up money
So I can hook you up with one of my honey's
Then you pop with question and it starts again
Weddings are the best place to meet MEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment