About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, June 22

Dress up is for all ages




Hopefully if you are reading this you are one of my friends and you know me and know that I love dressing up.  In fact in our old house we had a whole closet dedicated to dressing up, called the dress up "Box".  Which began to overflow and became a whole room/attic/closet thing.  We have acquired many different accessories along the way, there are the always famous LANE DANCE ACADEMY costumes, with all the matching hats, feather head bands, sequin canes, sequin wristlets, etc.  Then there are the various Halloween costumes that seem to navigate their way into the dress up BOX, also there are various past sporting event outfits, old uniforms, skits from school plays, student government skits, sorority recruitment outfits etc.  Then there are the REAL clothes, that are probably the best part old prom dresses, old JORTS, old hats, clothes from when my mother was younger, now clothes from when I was a child and just all sorts of fun stuff.  The dress up BOX is one of my favorite places to visit.  Whenever you are in need of sorority mixer outfit, a themed party, a Halloween costume of just dressing up for fun, it's the best place to visit.  The inspiration for this blog came from a 1 year old birthday party I went to this weekend.  My friend Liz's twin little girls Izzie and Addie had their first birthday party this weekend and the theme was carnival.  It was soooo cute and she did a great job.  There was a photo booth set up with a dress up box, to dress up and take your picture and write a message to the birthday girls and they were going to make an album for them, what a great idea.  And guess who loved it THE ADULTS!!!!   Every time I looked over some adult was putting on those costumes it was great.  I think every party should have a photo booth or at least dressing up.  So not only is Liz the creative party planning mommy, but she also makes hair bows, cakes and other fun things for her little girls, she actually made them matching Tutu's.  I liked them so much I asked her if she would make ME one... and she said YES!!!  She is actually making us both one, which we plan on sporting this weekend at our most excellent friend Kim's 21st Birthday Party.   I mean we are getting into the last years in our 20's, why not just dress up and have the best time.  Who care what people think!!!!   So I'm always up for dressing up and going to themed parties and vow to never have another party without a theme!

I will certainly add pic's from the 1 year old b-day party and pic's from the 21st birthday celebration this weekend.  I will also add some of my favorite dress up moment's courtesy of the dress up BOX from the Royall household in Smithfield, NC and visitors are always welcome.  The only rule is, everything must be returned, I know you who are out there who still have our stuff.  Also if you just happen to have left your prom dress at my house, it has now been donated to the BOX and once it's been in the BOX, it isn't coming out...sorry.  But you are welcome to borrow it!!!   hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment