About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, May 17

1 year and counting

Wow I just realized TODAY, MAY 17th was my first blog exactly 1 year ago, "That's OK."  It was inspired by all my friends writing blogs about their kids and sharing pics, which is really cute, but I wanted to have a voice and say there are other things out there.  So one year later writing blog #60, yep that's 60 blogs in a year, so roughly 5 a month..pretty good.  There were some dry spells, but we over came and conquered and here we are.  And yet again I would like to point out to all my English teachers that said I would never be a writer...LOOK AT ME NOW!
So I reviewed a few of my old blogs and this is what I have learned about myself or changed in the past year.  I still hate all the idiots that come to Urgent Care, I still have old people who can't get my name right, I still love being from a small town and damn proud of it.  I obvi love reality TV as you know by my most recent blog, but I'm sooo over the housewives/hoe bags and still love Jersey Shore, can't wait for JWoww and Snooks' new show!!!  A pregnant Snookie I can't think of many things more exciting than watching that train wreck unfold on TV. 
I'm still pretty good at setting people up, considering I'm about to be in the biggest wedding of the year, all because of ME and another couple moving in together.  I need to get back to it so I'll have some weddings for next year.  I also love to talk about people dating, where to meet people, what people to avoid, yet some how I can't manage to do it myself....what is the saying, always the bridesmaid, never the bride... I'll attest to that.... next blog, ALMOST 27 DRESSES... yep people I'm going to talk about all the weddings I've been in and talk about how close I am to 27 dresses.  If they ever make a movie about me I want someone cute, blonde, funny and not super skinny...I love Busy Phillips, can she play me??
So I also love my family, love all their craziness and all the stories about them. I would not trade my crazy fun sisters for anyone in the world, those chicks keep me in check.  I love talking about holidays, presents and the awesome gifts I got and family time.
I said goodbye to a really good decade of my life, goodbye to my 20's lots of good times shared with good friends, the good kinda friends that keep reminding you of that one time........   Now into my 30's I feel wiser, a little older, don't feel like I look older, but I'm looking for those wrinkles and grey hairs everyday, still waiting at this point, well for the wrinkles, who knows what color my hair really is??? 
I've talked about love, loss and concert T-shirts (which should be lost).  There are lots of love ones that have been lost in the last year, always missing and thinking about those people and their families.  I was close to finding love, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.  It was the closest I have ever come and I was really sad, but then I remembered this thing called a computer and blog spot and I got most of that anger/sadness out...not all shall be published, but sometimes it feels good just to write.
I talked about being in the "in crowd", being that guy, or that girl and how not to end up sleeping with the wrong people.  So if I helped just one slut out there keep her legs shut from 'that guy' I feel pretty good about that...that's right people I'm putting an end sluts and STD's everywhere.... so those shirts that say HELP END HUNGER, will now say  HELP END STD's and shut your legs. 
Ohhhh I talked about my favorite summer memory, FISHING IN THE CAPE FEAR MARLIN TOURNAMENT and WINNING!!!!!  That was just pure awesome!  I had a once in a lifetime chance and it was just the best, most fun..etc etc etc.  Oh dang and I went to the WORLD SERIES....how the hell did I forget that.  BOOM!  Ok we didn't win and Texas will probably win this year and we've moved on to another team GO BREWERS, but the Rangers will always have a special place in my heart!!!!
Then I had few self helps, I've been trying to work on my debt, spending habits and weight.  I'm made some progression in all of those areas.   Most recently our work has started the biggest loser and WEEK 1, I was the biggest loser with 7.4 lbs....WOW how the hell did I do that?  Well eating healthy is my new thing these days and I'm sure there will be a blog about that too, well I'm giving myself all kinds of ideas.

So basically May 2011 til May 2012 has been pretty eventful to me and I don't expect anything less from the upcoming year.  With wedding season and summer just around the corner, I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about.  I would be famous by now if I would have just started my reality show "My friends are getting married and I'm getting drunk" about 10 years ago.  The idea was to the film the bridal party, the family, wedding planner, everyone but the bride and groom there are enough shows about those people.
Well until we meet again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment