About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, May 15

Getting Jiggy with it

How could I not address this issues.  If you live in NC the last few weeks News has only been about John Edwards and Amendment one, only one of those I care about.  Amendment One has been the biggest debate in this state and this country for the last couple of weeks.  I have gotten into disagreements with co-workers, friends, FB people, even had a real discussion with my grandmother about this issue. The issue is NOT MARRIAGE, the issues is not about making the value of marriage between a man and a woman less.  The issue is not about GOD, church and what your preacher says.  The issue is about human beings and their rights.

This issue is about equality of all people and having the same rights, about our constitution and what our nation was founded on.  Homo/Hetero- sexual however you are BORN, here that HOW YOU ARE BORN...everyone comes into this world wanting to be loved.  That is all that we are asking for here, is SOME LOVE for all people, as Will Smith put it, black, white Cuban or Asian, blasian, gay, funny, mixed, Christian, Jewish, Protestant, etc... all people and groups of people deserved to be treated equally.

How can you know anyone gay and not think they deserve the same rights.  I am proud to have gay friends and proud to be associated with them.  They are just like all my other friends, plus fun to shop with..haha just kidding.  They really are all great people. My gay friends have great jobs and contribute to society and most want to have children, which I think is great.  We are a growing changing nation and we need to have an open mind and be accepting.  I remember not too long ago how terrible it was to see a mixed couple out in public together, how much criticism they would get....wow how things have changed, our nations leaders, celebrities, intellects, educators are all of different races and back grounds and married to all different kinds of people an IT'S ACCEPTED!

Amendment one takes away the ability for same sex marriages to have the same rights as traditional marriages.  They have to pay more taxes, they have less protection in domestic violence cases, and health insurance issues.  Sometimes they can't even be on the same insurance plan, and if they have kids there is no such thing as a family plan for people in same sex marriage.  These are things that are hurting our country and hurting good citizens of this great nation.  One company in Charlotte dropped all employees domestic partners from their insurance plans.  So they now have to go out and get their own insurance plans and pay double.

I talked with my 87 year old grandmother the other day who was brought up very different than I was.  She asked me how I voted?  I told her I would tell her as long as she listened to what I had to say and she did.  She said my uncle was also against Amendment One and she has listened to his arguments as well.  She told me she was on the fence.  She has really come along way in the last few years about being open to all types of people.  I hope she comes to realize that this isn't an issue about God and the value of marriage, but about what's right and how we treat people.

God is the final judge on judgement day, we shall not be judge and jury, we shall leave it up to him.  Separation of church and state.  You are being the biggest judge of all against human beings by saying this is wrong, such hypocrites.  Do you know someone with a child out of wedlock, drank too much, cheated on your spouse... all things we are not supposed to do in the bible, yet people do these every day and we forgive them and accept it.

So for all those who voted for amendment one I'm sure you know people that have been divorced, have been remarried, filed their taxes jointly, have children under their spouses insurance, had issues with domestic abuse.... think about all those people and how the government recognizing their marriage has helped them and feel sorry for all those who fight each day for just that same opportunity. 

Thanks for listening I know everyone has their own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment