About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, May 12

Are you Peter Pan?

I don't wanna grow up I'm a toys r us kid, there's a million things at Toys R Us that I can play with.... do you ever wonder if this song resonates with Big Kids... as in Big Boys, as in grown adults?  Or maybe it's some sort of Peter Pan syndrome.  I wonder are there actually any grown up men out there, or just really high functioning little boys????  Because it seems that all guys I come across are all just little boys, not wanting to face the real world, the grown up world.  Maybe it's just the difference between boys and girls?  Sure would I like to curl up in my New Kids on the Block sleeping bag, with Teddy Ruxpin, while Skipper, Barbie, Jem and the rest of the gang guard the door from evil gross boys, He-man, GI Joes and other special ops trying to get me, YES I would, but it's the real world and we all grow up and move on, so why can't boys.

It all starts with communication! Communication is the key.  Why is it when I say let's do something fun, that means drinking and laying on the couch, or drinking and riding on the boat, or drinking and playing some sort of card game.  Or when I say let's do dinner, it turns into you showing up at my house for me to cook, NOPE that means you take me out to dinner and show me how great I am!  So I have a friend that was seeing a guy for about 6 months and she tries to communicate with him about where their relationship is going... YIKES, GET OUT, WE'RE DONE, NEED NEW GIRLS, DRINKS WITH THE GUYS, I'LL ONLY SLEEP WITH THIS GIRL THE REST OF MY LIFE.... why does it seem that is what goes through a guys head???  So anyway this guy decides not only does he not want to talk about their relationship that has been building for 6 months, but actually not talk to her AT ALL.  What a d-bag, yep I said it on here, douche bag.  Some people say that is sooo 2011, but douche bag will be a term that will never die.  So there you go just avoiding your issues, avoiding growing up, avoiding grown up decisions.  I thought WOW this sucks (even though I thought I knew him to be a great guy) and my friend can do better and can move on.  I thought this must be rare occasion that this happens to someone, what grown person can't just say I'm not into you, I don't want to date you, I met someone else, I'd rather hang with my boys?

Soooo my story first I met a great guy, had fun, we laughed, we went to the beach, we just chilled, we got to know each other and had a wonderful time together.  So for about 4 months things were great, we were officially BF and GF.  I saw this relationship going somewhere for the first time in FOREVER... and I really do mean forever, I would consider my last "real" boyfriend was my freshman year in college which was 12 years ago at this point.  So to say I was excited about someone really liking me and wanting to hang out and date is an under statement.  But as all good things do, they END.  Yep, I got the same treatment my previous friend did...except I asked no question about our relationship. I simply asked when he was arriving to come visit me that weekend, he responded with I have to mow grass, not coming.  Ok so I was honest, aren't we taught to communicate feelings, I simply said well that hurts my feelings and you could have let me know before now, because I had been making plans................... YEP NOTHING, no response, finite, done!  Never heard from him again, this is supposed to MY BOYFRIEND.... what is up with these grown men.  How about I'd rather get drunk with my friends, I'd rather go to the beach this weekend and every weekend without you, I'd rather not get a job and think about responsibility, I'd just rather not hang out WITH YOU!  Anything is better than nothing.  I've been stewing on that nothing for weeks now and it has just made me realize now matter how much you want people to grow-up, achieve goals, be an adult, or change, it's up to THEM to WANT to do that.  So ladies go out there and meet men that have jobs, have goals and want to be somebody and be with somebody.  A wise friend once told me date a divorced guy, at least you know he knows how to commit!! Right on sister, so single ladies go out there and find those ex's that been tossed aside by some bitches wanting more out of life and help him be the man and husband he always knew he could be.

So for all your Peter Pans out there that don't want to grow up I've got one thing to say to you, boys drool and GIRLS RULE!


No comments:

Post a Comment