About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, May 17

And That's OK

I'm 29 years old, single, still live with roommates, an ok job, college graduate, not dating anyone and guess what THAT'S OK.  No matter how many engagement parties I go to where my parents friends continuously ask me How's school going, where are you now and are you dating anyone???  Well I graduated college 7 years ago, I'm single, so I'm where ever I want to be and no I'm not dating anyone and THAT'S OK.  So I felt like writing about things that go on in this world that do not revolve around weddings, babies and pets.  Don't get me wrong I love a good wedding, love seeing my friends happy with their babies and well whatever about pets, I guess they make some people happy, but for me that's not what's going on in my life andTHAT'S OK.  All these romantic comedies and well just movies in general where the girl always finds the charming, cute, off the wall, sweet, boy next door, co-worker that you never noticed, long time friend that finally turned into something more, etc that lead you to believe that is how it works if you just believe in  love.  Well sometimes it does and I have lots of happy friends that have their perfect romantic comedies, but it doesn't always work out like that and THAT'S OK.  It's ok to be the girl with the great job, the girl who makes more money than all her friends including the guys, the girl with the awesome closet who everyone wants to borrow from, the girl that likes other girls, the super fun friend with lots of friends and family, the girl with big dreams that moves to the big city in pursuit, the girl still at 29 stuggling to find herself and where she belongs.  All these people exist out there as well.  The only one that can make you happy is YOU.  Make yourself happy, find what makes you smile and all the rest will fall into place.  I hope you enjoy reading about my take on life and how you just have to make lemonade out of lemons EVERYDAY and splash of VODKA every now and again.  And if I'm mixing up your life or your drinks maybe a few hangovers and guess what THAT'S OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment