About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, May 19

Back to my Roots

I love being from a small town, love to tell people I'm from Smithfield or I'm from Johnston County or now known as JoCo.  Yes I'm a JoCo Girl, but I don't have the sticker to prove it.  And everywhere you go someone always knows someone from Smithfield and guess what I usually know them too, which I love.  Of course their cousin's brother went to school with my sisters middle school boyfriend or their grandmother's sister was my dad's first grade teacher.  I just love how stories unfold.  Basically like country songs, I love country music, I love to the listen to the words, feel what they mean and just realize that yes this has happened to me or someone I know. I do know a guy that drives a tractor, with a big ole Jug of sweet tea, I have been on copperhead road, and God Bless that broken road!  I hope you dance is one of those songs by LeeAnn Womack, I just love the words and the feeling that comes from that song, just keep pushing, keep pursuing and you can do anything and Lauren did great on Idol last night.  So everyone has a "song" either their favorite song, a song that sounds like their life, a song with their name in it.  I was on the way to work today thinking about my ROOT CANAL later this afternoon, got me thinking about my roots in general, then I got distracted by hearing my favorite song THE GAMBLER.  This one time (not at band camp) I got a voicemail from a guy I was dating and he sang to me and sang the Gambler but changed the words to say "you've got to know when to HOLDEN, know when to fold'em"  Oh I loved it and have loved the song ever since.  As a child growing up I never had pens, stickers, key chains that had my name on it, there was never a Holden in that rack of name stuff at Cracker Barrel.  You know you looked for your name every time, especially when they came out with those little license plates for your bikes, AWESOME, no Holden :(  So when finally I had a song with my name in it (kinda) I was sooooo happy.  Thanks guy I can't remember you name at this time, but you played Goalie for the Hammerheads...haha, just kidding JACOB!  Happy Thurs today and hopefully I'll be jamming to my awesome songs play list while getting my root canal, really going BACK TO MY ROOTS!!!


 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment