About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, May 25

Name Plate FAIL



So I got my new name plate yesterday, Yippee!!!  I thought finally I have made it official, I have almost been here two year and I finally get to put my name up, I'm going places in this joint.  Also thought it would help with my little problem with my name (refer to earlier blog, what's in a name) and keep these old geezers on point. NOPE!  Just got the dang thing up yesterday and this morning got my first joke again, old people are soooo funny (sarcasm here) they just don't know it. Old lady with plain name, we'll call her Betty Jones.
BJ says "You're new, what's your name"
Difficult named person (me) "Holden, H-O-L-D-E-N."
Bj -- "Colden????, huh?
DNP (me)- "Holden, Holden, that's H-O-L-D-E-N"
BJ-- laughter  "hahahahahahahahahaha, uh-huh that's unusual" --yes she laughed to my face about my name
DNP-- (proud sounding voice) "It was my grandmother's maiden name"
BJ-- "uh-huh, oh"
What the heck old lady, I really just think THEY DON'T CARE.

Man with plain sounding name we'll call him John Jones.
JJ says "Is your last name Roy-awl (sounds like ouch, Roy-oull)?" or if you have seen pulp fiction, royal with cheese!  Yes please :)
DNP-- "No it's Royall (sounds like ROYALL) like the Royal Family."
Man- "Oh that's weird"
REALLY, that's weird, well I'm sure your boring name never got you in anywhere. 


So what I have realized from this is I should have either 1. gotten a name plate with just my first name b/c my last name is now going to be questioned.  2. Or just start going by Elizabeth, so much EASIER!  There is a nurse and her first name is Renee, but she goes by her middle name Vikki.  I know lots of people that do that, but she only goes by Vikki at work, she is Renee at home to her husband, to her parents, to her school, to her friends, but she's Vikki to us.  So when I got a baby shower invite for Renee, I seriously had no idea who it was and had ask the ladies at work...haha boy did I look stupid.  Just go by whatever your name is.  And you wonder why insurance is so screwed up and why we can't get your name in your chart right because your parents named you some awesome name, but decided to call you by your middle name.  Sorry to Nicole and Whit, but my two cousins both have this problem.... born France Nicole Baldwin, goes by Nicole. I think now that she is married she dropped the Frances and just is Nicole Baldwin Beale.  I know she's named after my grandmother's sister Frances that passed away, really nice story, but she still got her name said wrong for most of her life.  And then her brother William Whitfield Baldwin, II, great name, my friends wanted to marry him just because his name, they wanted to be Ms. William Whitfield Baldwin, II. (you still have a chance ladies)  His daily name is Whit!  Too bad boys don't drop their names too.  They both have great names, but I've heard complaints over the years of how many times they have to correct their teachers, etc. 

So enough about that, guess I'll just stick with Holden for now.  I LOVE HOLDEN!!!!   Even considering naming a child HOLDEN and no it will not be a boy, IT WILL BE A GIRL!  There is a thing called a boyfriend preferably to have first or as my grandmother would say husband, we're stretching a little there..... I'm getting up there in years I would take a rich famous man as a baby daddy these days, I mean everyone else is.

Oh  yeah and just thought I would share a pic of my lunch break today.  I'm sure there will be an email circulating shortly about how we can only sit in the lunchroom or at the picnic tables during our lunch, too bad I forgot my cooler and bathing suit.  I mean what else am supposed to do on a nice sunny day for an hour.
Happy Hump Day Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment