About Me

My photo
Just putting my point of view out there for everyone to learn about me and love me. About me I'm 30-something, living in Raleigh with friends. Just wanted a blog not about Weddings, Babies and Pets, about the other stuff in life, like Reality TV! Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, May 26

Scotty 2 Hottie!!!

Soooo Scotty won!!!!!!  Yes, just so happy and can't wait to buy his album.  Also wanted to include this pic of a van that was parked outside my work when I came out for lunch.  It's great to get excited. 


All that paint just reminded me of all the times spent in my mom's red van (the grocery getter) and then in suburban (the burb, old black version) when we would travel all over to softball tournaments.  Those were the days, so many stories to tell about that.... but I'll share one of the most memorable, not our best moment. So our team, let me shout out really quick to Laura Dowd, Jamie Lane, Lauren Jernigan, Kricket,  Katie Edwards, Casey Jones, Ashley Pearce, coaches--Cheryl Holder "Ms. Cheryl, Mitchell Jernigan "Mitch", Mark Lane "Marky Mark", Gail Royall "G",---bat girl Katie Lane.. these girls and I were on the same team since we were like 10 years old and the parents/coaches were all our parents!  And yes I'm using maiden names b/c that is who you will always be to me.  Well we took this little road trip down to a little town called Sanford for a game one time, go there the field was nasty, dugouts were dirty (more than usual), no referee's... like are we playing a game or not, did you know we were coming???  Let's just say things started getting tense and they were saying ugly things to us and we just weren't having it.  So our pitcher (no need to name the guilty in this story) pitched one right into the back of one of their players, who smirkisly trotted to first base, then advance to second, and proceeded to say thing to the 2nd baseman and the short stop.  Which at this point the short stop was over it and hollered (got that southern twang, past tense of holla) over the 2nd baseman "Hey no name, you got a can?"  2nd baseman replied "A can of what?", the shortstop replied "A can of whoop ass for this girl on second base?"   hahaha man as a 16 yr old it was pretty funny, but obviously our parents/coaches didn't think so.  Then the next batter which overhead these statements was not happy and while sliding into the 2nd, raised her foot and scraped the short stops arm with her cleats.  Then the next girl hitting, kicked dirt in the catcher's face...and so on and so on.  Then the short stop had to come into relief pitch and yep you guessed it little cleats mcgee from 2nd base comes up to back to bat and WHAM, pitch the middle of the back...yowers.  This is the point where the coaches came together decided we should just stop this game and go on home... but they would not let us leave the dugout until all their players were in their cars.  Ok so I'm not proud of this moment of how our team acted...NOPE... but do you think any other teams in the league thought about messing with us... NOPE!.  So our coaches were so pissed they made us all get in the burb and ride home together (me driving) and the drove in a different car and totally left us.  Good thing for my great sense of direction and after a little tour of Sanford we made it home, but not before we ended the trip on a really awesome note.  When coming down Packing Plant road, by the livestock there are all sorts of fields and animals.... and we just happen to interrupt two Goats "making dessert" right there on the side of the road and we just busted into laughter!!!  It was soooo funny and we used to talk about that trip all the time.   There are many more positive stories about how we actually won games, snuck out to meet boys, got dragged off the field by my mamma (yep that happened), tournament games that started at 1am, rides to greensboro with a boom box in the back seat(since the radio was broken), seeing LL Cool J...so many that I will share later.  Here are a few old school pic's to brighten your day!
GOOOOOO Thunder!
We need a single, just a little double, T-R-I-P-L-E, homerun homerun, homerun!!!





1 comment: